WUWM World Union of Wholesale Markets
Promoting wholesale and retail markets world-wide
The World Union of Wholesale Markets (WUWM) is a non-profit association that aims to promote the international exchange of information on wholesale and retail markets, with a view to improving their construction, organisation and management.
WUWM pursues its aims through:
- the organisation of conferences and specialised meetings;
- the global collection and registration of data on markets;
- through the publication of reports and studies;
- and by exchanging experience, knowledge and expertise for the overall benefit of the membership.
A further WUWM objective is to pool this expertise and provide the authorities responsible for the establishment and management of new markets with the necessary professional advice.
WUWM is open to all wholesale and retail markets and/or their national and regional associations, or local authorities that own or operate wholesale and retail markets, as well as private market companies, institutes and organisations. Firms and individuals interested in wholesale and retail marketing may also become associated members.
To promote the essential role that wholesale and retail markets play in ensuring the sustainable access, availability and distribution of a diverse variety of quality fresh food products, whilst maintaining competitive prices and the highest standards of service and food security, throughout the international community.
To support markets in facing the ongoing challenges of modernisation and service provision.
- To establish links and develop collaboration with key-players in the international food distribution industry;
- To promote the wholesale and retail market role in ensuring effectiveness in the food distribution chain;
- To develop opportunities to increase the communication and cooperation between wholesale/retail market authorities and traders/producers/wholesalers;
> GFI Deutsche Großmärkte
> Gesundheitskampagne ”5 am Tag”